Man Dies of Drug Overdose Near Maine Medical Center Yesterday


Marcus Reed, 46, of North Waterboro, died yesterday morning of an accidental drug overdose according to a press release from the Portland Police Department.  Reed had been in an apartment at 16 Gilman Street where he took the accidental overdose.

The people Mr. Reed was with were unable to get him into a car to take home to a hospital.  They then called 911.First responders were unable to revive him and he died at the scene.  The incident is still under investigation.

The police urge those confronted with a similar situation to call 911 immediately.  Time is of the essence and can make the difference between life and death.