If you were wondering why a small section of Congress Street was closed off this morning, this is why:
There was a fire in the vent of the hood on a stove at the popular pizza place that required assistance from the Portland Fire Department to put it out according to Deputy Chief Terry Walsh. Another fire man described it as a “chimney fire.” The pizza place is located at the juncture of Forest Avenue and Congress Street, 576 Congress Street.
The business will be closed while repairs are made.
By 11:00 am Congress Street was opened up to traffic once again.